Expansion of the Bus Terminus and Shopping Arcade
- Number of bus bays increased by over 30%
- More space to support the deployment of more double deck buses
- More road crossing facilities
- Increased landscaped areas to over 40,000 sq. ft.
- A new roof garden of over 15,000 sq. ft. for leisure use. Open to the public 24 hours free of charge
Update (13 April 2017)
Temporary Transportation Arrangements Being Reviewed
- The old bus terminus was closed on 25 February. After reviewing the temporary traffic arrangements and passengers’ comments, we have implemented the following enhancement measures in April:
1. Bus Schedules Enhancement
a. Adjustments to minimise the waiting time for ferry service:
i. Morning schedules of Routes T1 & T6
ii. Evening schedules on Mondays to Fridays of Route 9A
b. Increase in frequency:
i. Night schedules on Sundays and Public Holidays of Routes T2 & T3
Please click here for details.
2. Bus Stop Relocation (effective from 5 April)
i. Bus stops of Routes T4 and T9 (heading towards DB North Plaza) were relocated to the bus stops opposite to La Costa 2
ii. Bus stop at DB International School Kindergarten was temporarily closed
3. To further enhance road safety, bus drivers will adhere to the speed limit of 30km along Discovery Bay Road (around DB Plaza). Other vehicles have been reminded to observe the same rule.
4. To arrange special transport services to and from the ferry pier for passengers with special needs.
We will continue to review the traffic arrangements and enhance as necessary. We sincerely thank all passengers and road users for your understanding and patience.
Piling Works at Old Bus Terminus Site to Commence Soon
Precautionary measures and preparation works for piling are now being implemented at the old bus terminus site. Piling works are expected to proceed in full swing after the Easter Holidays. Notice will be distributed separately to affected residents.
New Footbridge in Service
- The new footbridge with disabled access facilities connecting Discovery Bay Road and the DB Plaza (near Wing On Department Store) is now open for public.
- The existing footbridge link (near Watsons Store) will continue to be in use until further notice.